Wednesday, April 23, 2014

just a little something I noticed lately: AKA [yet another] personal post by Warren

http://kentuckysuicideprevention.yohansebastian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/suicide-stay-informed-stay-connected.jpg 

NOTE: First and for most, I've decided that from here on out, I'll be occasionally be writing somewhat 'personal' posts - as this is also a personal blog. So to keep with the theme of 'personal' posts, I've decided to talk about a topic that can sometimes be considered 'taboo': suicide.

Suicide, as a whole; is a fucking depressing topic.. which is why this post is going to be [slightly] shorter than most and kept, for the most part, light-hearted. As many [if not all] my friends/close acquaintances know: I work in the funeral business- I've seen many, many things that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Seeing people upset is one thing that I never thought I'd be able to handle as well as I do. In fact, my favorite TV show: Six Feet Under, is what got me into wanting to be part of the business- but that's another story entirely. The point I'm trying to make here is that at work- especially this time of year- is something we like to call "THAT TIME OF THE YEAR". It's when the weather warms up, and the snow is [finally] off the ground, and things are all around looking pretty good: y'know: for most of us.

http://msw.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/BadgeSuicidePrevention.png 

I've come to the realization that there has been a lot of suicides lately, and it's a fucking terrible thought. I mean, I started working in this field in the summer time, but I've learned fairly quickly that early spring is the time that most deaths occur purposely- for lack of a better word- and it's as exciting as it sounds: it's fucking not! I decided to write this post because I know many people [even friends] that have attempted, and it's not a joking matter at all so I wanted to talk about this topic, because I find it's ignored - or sometimes even pushed aside. [since it's considered 'taboo']

I told myself when I was younger that I'd find a way to help others, in any way possible- and I feel this is one way to do it. I'm compelled to share this because I want those who are hurting to know they're not alone - that there is help available. There's so many places you can go to; like a Mental Health Crisis Line or even a Distress Center; these people are here to help!

So please: reach out if you feel even a little worthless; because you're not. you're so much more than that. You have people that care and love you: even if at times you don't believe it. STAY STRONG; there is someone out there who needs you, just like you may even realize that you need them just as much without even realizing the fact.

just an awesome list of reasons to stay alive. Author unknown.

thanks for reading, Warren.

I assure you, the next post will be about upcoming horror films or something similar: however, won't be until Monday. Today is my only free day until then; Be sure to 'like' the fan page for Firework Eyes & Haunted Hearts on Facebook; which you can find here, or even follow me on Twitter. [visit my profile here] If you have a Tumblr, be sure to follow me here or my more horror explicit Tumblr here [please be aware, that my second Tumblr page has inappropriate content for readers/viewers under the age of 18] Have a suggestion for a new post? Send me your comments and/or ideas anywhere mentioned above. Until my next post though, CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment